My favorite reads of this year (and damn, was it a good year of reading), organized by mood! Short stories, essays, novels, love stories, and so much more. Click on a title to read my full review.
- For the short story collection to give you the heebie jeebies: Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado
- For the drug-filled trip: My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
- For the one to make you laugh: The Bucket List by Georgia Clark
- For the perfectly imperfect adventure: Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- For the romantic: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- For the music lover: The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
- For the one to make you wish you were a writer: Strike Your Heart by Amélie Nothomb
- For the one that just gets you: Places I Stopped on the Way Home by Meg Fee
- For the hypnotically memorable stories: Florida by Lauren Groff
- For snarky thoughts on the state of our society: You Think It, I’ll Say It by Curtis Sittenfeld
- For a storm of history, art, and heart: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
- For the perfect debut novel: Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday
- For when you need a new group of friends: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
2 thoughts on “Best Books of 2018”
Great books to add to my tbr list! Thanks!
I’ll be adding some to my ever-increasing TBR list. I always like to read your book lists.