My favorite reads from July and August, organized by mood. I’ve linked my more in-depth reviews wherever possible!
- For that author who just gets life as a 20-something: The Bucket List by Georgia Clark
- For the reader who just can’t get enough of cults: The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon
- For the spooky short stories that will keep you up at night: Things We Lost in the Fire by Mariana Enríquez
- For the historical fiction lover who wants to learn about an event they’ve maybe never heard of: Visible Empire by Hannah Pittard
- For the high school love stories that will tug at your heart again and again: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (1, 2, & 3) by Jenny Han
- For the story you’ll remember forever: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
- For when you need a reminder that females are strong as hell: Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras
- For a beautiful intertwinement of friendship and music: The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
- For the letter writer: Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson
- For the new love gone so, so wrong: Ghosted by Rosie Walsh
Tell Me Lies and The Light We Lost didn’t make the list of favorites, but if you like reading about complex relationships over a number of years, check those out.
Thank you to the following publishers for gifting me copies of the books noted. As always, all thoughts and images are my own. Thank you to Atria Books (The Bucket List), Viking Books (The Great Believers, Ghosted), HMH Books (Visible Empire), DoubleDay Books (Fruit of the Drunken Tree), Flatiron Books (Meet Me at the Museum), Book Sparks (Tell Me Lies) and Riverhead Books (The Incendiaries, The Ensemble).
One thought on “July & August 2018”
Your header picture is so cute! 😍