Below is a list of my favorite books I read this year, organized by mood. I linked my reviews wherever possible (some I read before I created the blog!)
- For one of the most likable but imperfect main characters of all time: The Idiot by Elif Batuman
- For a YA novel that speaks truthfully to a host of experiences, from systematic racism to high school prom: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- For a book you’ll want to read again as soon as you’ve finished it: The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne
- For an immersive experience in the mind of a brilliant writer: The Resurrection of Joan Ashby by Cherise Wolas
- For a survival story that will have you believing in the power of love: Castle of Water by Dane Huckelbridge
- For a dive into an imperfect marriage and a look at the cement being poured to fix the cracks: Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
- For a beautifully written YA novel about grief, anxiety, sexuality, and so much more: We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
- For a magical realism experience in the shoes of two refugees: Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
What were your favorite reads of 2017? Share in the comments below!
4 thoughts on “Best Books of 2017”
Yay – I get excited every time I see Heart’s Invisible Furies on another blogger’s list since the traditional media kind of ignored it on their lists!
Oh, my gosh…so much love for The Heart’s Invisible Furies, The Hate U Give and Fates and Furies; I’m so pumped that Groff has a new book coming out soon! Castle of Water has been on my list and keep forgetting to get to it; I need to do that!
So the only one I have read on here is Exit West, but I agree with you and it would make my Top 10 as well. So good! Most of the others I have, and need to move them up to my TBR for 2018! The Hate U Give will be a Jan read for sure. Great list!!
I just like the valuable info you supply to your articles.
I’ll bookmark your blog and test again right here regularly.
I am moderately sure I will learn a lot of new
stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!