- For a book that will suck you in without you realizing that’s happened: Goodbye, Vitamin by Rachel Khong
- For a book you’ll want to read again as soon as you’ve finished it: The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne
- For a lesson told through differing times and places about the fragility of our world: The History of Bees by Maja Lunde
- For an immersive experience in the mind of a brilliant writer: The Resurrection of Joan Ashby by Cherise Wolas
- For a survival story that will have you believing in the power of love: Castle of Water by Dane Huckelbridge (not pictured because my copy is out on loan!)
Pass on: Sex and Rage and Things That Happened Before the Earthquake.