The holidays are swiftly approaching! You know what can still get here in time? That’s right, books! See below for my shopping recommendations for 2018. I’ve linked my reviews if you want to know a bit more about each read.Continue reading
All of the books I read in November, organized by mood. I’ve linked my more in depth reviews wherever possible.
- For the short but sweet story that will hit you in the heart: Fox 8 by George Saunders
- For when you feel like falling in love (and out of love, and maybe back in): Places I Stopped on the Way Home by Meg Fee
- For when you want to decide for yourself whether the movie lives up to the book: Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- For a beautiful novel that reads like a collection of short stories, sweeping across centuries and continents: Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- For a rom-com, plain and simple: Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- For the memoir that will make you cry, both of laughter and of pain: This Will Only Hurt a Little by Busy Philipps
- For when you’d like to take a ten day health retreat but can’t get out of the office, escape through: Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
- For those days you wished you lived in NYC, surrounded by your imperfect childhood friends: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
What’s up in my real life: November 2018. If you’d like to know, keep reading.
Welcome to the NYC book club! Please note: you do NOT have to live in NYC to participate. We will be hosting all of our discussions over instagram!
So, here’s how it will work. Each month, I’m choosing a book for us to read together. This is a book I also haven’t read yet. I’ll be posting about my progress in my instagram stories and then we’ll discuss on instagram at the end of the month. Finally, I’ll be sharing a wrap up review to the blog, including both my own opinions and the opinions of my fellow readers! You can share your progress with me using the hashtag: #readwithbookgirl.
Without further ado, here is our December choice! Continue reading
Next week, we’ll talk books. But for today, it’s candles, sequins, Glossier, and more!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday – four days of family time with a side of delicious food? Sign me up. Here are some of my favorite recent reads about families – the ones you can’t life with and the ones you can’t life without.
Hello! Happy weekend before Thanksgiving. For the past few years, this weekend has been lovingly known amongst millennials as “Friendsgiving.” Say what you will about our generation, but we know how to celebrate our closest friends. On that note, here are a few of my favorite recent reads that feature stories of friendship.
Thank you to the ever wonderful Kelsey Manning at Touchstone Books for my copy of This Will Only Hurt a Little by Busy Philipps. All thoughts and images are my own.
Title: This Will Only Hurt a Little
Author: Busy Philipps
Pub date: October 16, 2018
Read if you like: laughing, crying, people who are just freaking real. Celebrity memoirs with heart, like Bossypants and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?. Continue reading