My January 2019 in books! Recommendations by mood & a bit about how I felt about each read (& why).
- For those of us who have always dreamt of being Eloise: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- For the one to fill your heart: Becoming by Michelle Obama
- For the short stories that blend the supernatural with the smashing of the patriarchy: You Know You Want This by Kristen Roupenian
- For the essays and stories that come back to mind over and over: The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
- For the one to give you the heebie jeebies: The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker
- For the one where you’re going to need to talk about the ending with someone else: Adèle by Leila Slimani
- For the protagonists you’ll love and hate all at once: Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney