Thank you to the lovely people at Riverhead Books for my copy of The Ensemble by Aja Gabel. All thoughts and images are my own.
Thank you to the lovely people at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for my copy of Visible Empire by Hannah Pittard. All thoughts and images are my own.
Title: Visible Empire
Author: Hannah Pittard
Genre: Historical Fiction
Pub date: June 5, 2018
Read if you like: learning about historical events you’ve (maybe) never heard of. Continue reading
Thank you to the lovely people at Riverhead Books for my copy of The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon. All thoughts and images are my own.
Title: The Incendiaries
Author: R.O. Kwon
Genre: Literary fiction
Pub date: July 31, 2018
Read if you like: The Girls, White Fur, Awayland, anything about cults. Continue reading
Title: The Light We Lost
Author: Jill Santopolo
Genre: Love story
Pub date: May 9, 2017
Read if you like: Fates and Furies, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, tales of star-crossed lovers. Continue reading
Thank you to the lovely people at Riverhead Books for my copy of Florida by Lauren Groff. All thoughts and images are my own.
Four days of vacation, five books… Seems about right? I know it’s far more than I’ll get through during this vacation, but each is a different genre and I just couldn’t cut it down any further.
Click on a title to read its synopsis:
- The twisted fairytale: Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi
- The fun romance: The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory
- The whirlwind fantasy: Legendary by Stephanie Garber
- The coming-of-age fiction: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
- The psychological thriller: All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth
Each of the books I read in June, organized by mood. I’ve linked my more in-depth reviews wherever possible!
- For the memoir that will make you cry: I Am, I Am, I Am by Maggie O’Farrell
- For the one to keep you up at night: I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- For the whirlwind summer romance: When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri
- For the hauntingly beautiful short stories: Florida by Lauren Groff
- For the worldwide adventure: Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- For the chance to snoop through someone else’s inbox: Hey Ladies! by Caroline Moss & Michelle Markowitz
- For when you want to indulge your inner romantic: The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
- For the rollercoaster read: The Book of Essie by Meghan MacLean Weir
- For a reminder of what it was like to fall in love for the first time: Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
- For the frustration of “why can’t they just work it out:” This Love Story Will Self-Destruct by Leslie Cohen
Title: The Kiss Quotient
Author: Helen Hoang
Genre: Steamy Romantic Comedy
Pub date: June 5, 2018
Read if you like: indulging in your inner romantic. Continue reading
When Katie Met Cassidy is featured on my 2018 Summer Reading Guide (check out the guide here).
Title: When Katie Met Cassidy
Author: Camille Perri
Pub date: June 19, 2018
Read if you like: You’ve Got Mail, The Assistants, This Love Story Will Self-Destruct.