My favorite reads of this year (and damn, was it a good year of reading), organized by mood! Short stories, essays, novels, love stories, and so much more. Click on a title to read my full review.Continue reading
Tag: book rec
Spooky Reads for Fall
Happy (almost) Halloween, bookworms! I’m not sure about y’all, but I am so ready to be done with the 80 degree days with 1000% humidity. Bring on the cool, crisp fall I love so much. My sweaters are itching to be worn outside of the confines of my extremely over air conditioned office. In lieu of the weather I crave, I’ve crafted this list of spooky reads to conjure that feeling. Some are favorites of mine, others are on my TBR. Curl up under a blanket with a mug of hot apple cider, light a fall candle, and crack open one of these reads. Let’s get spooky!
Thank you to the lovely people at Knopf for my copy of There, There by Tommy Orange. All thoughts and images are my own.
Title: There There
Author: Tommy Orange
Genre: Fiction with multiple points of view
Pub date: June 5, 2018
Read if you like: a novel that feels like a collection of short stories. Continue reading
The Wedding Date
Thank you to the lovely people at Berkley Romance for my copy of The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory. All thoughts and images are my own.
Title: The Wedding Date
Author: Jasmine Guillory
Pub date: January 30, 2018
Read if you like: The Kiss Quotient, The Proposal, bingeing on rom-coms. Continue reading
July & August 2018
My favorite reads from July and August, organized by mood. I’ve linked my more in-depth reviews wherever possible!
- For that author who just gets life as a 20-something: The Bucket List by Georgia Clark
- For the reader who just can’t get enough of cults: The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon
- For the spooky short stories that will keep you up at night: Things We Lost in the Fire by Mariana Enríquez
- For the historical fiction lover who wants to learn about an event they’ve maybe never heard of: Visible Empire by Hannah Pittard
- For the high school love stories that will tug at your heart again and again: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (1, 2, & 3) by Jenny Han
- For the story you’ll remember forever: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
- For when you need a reminder that females are strong as hell: Fruit of the Drunken Tree by Ingrid Rojas Contreras
- For a beautiful intertwinement of friendship and music: The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
- For the letter writer: Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngson
- For the new love gone so, so wrong: Ghosted by Rosie Walsh
TBR: Labor Day Weekend
As always, I’ve packed way more books than I need for our Labor Day weekend trip. If you need some packing inspiration, my reads are organized by vibe below!
Click on a title to read its synopsis:
- The romantic mystery: Ghosted by Rosie Walsh
- The unique love story: The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
- The thought-provoking translation: Strike Your Heart by Amélie Nothomb
- The empowering short stories: The Radical Element edited by Jessica Spotswood
- The moving historical fiction: The Air You Breathe by Frances De Pontes Peedles